Working with farmers and land managers to reduce diffuse pollution from agriculture.
PINPOINT is a partnership initiative between The Rivers Trust and Catchment Sensitive Farming (CSF).
Pinpoint provides training and support to rivers trusts, CSF staff and other relevant organisations so that they, in turn, can provide good advice and support to farmers to help reduce diffuse water pollution from agriculture (DWPA).
The project has made available a number of advisory and information resources, supported local rivers trusts to run DWPA education events to over 500 future farmers from young farmers clubs and agricultural colleges, supported advisory work within catchments and trained over 300 rivers trusts and CSF staff members in DWPA advice and natural river processes.
The Project has been running since 2009 and is ongoing.
Further information and advice
- Catchment Sensitive Farming (CSF)
- Free advice, training and grant support for farmers in to reduce diffuse water pollution from agriculture in high water quality priority areas for Countryside Stewardship
- Tried & Tested – nutrient management advice and tools
- Voluntary Initiative pesticides best practice
- Environment Agency – environmental permits and exemptions, flooding, environmental incidents, fishing licenses, waste etc
- Natural England – protected sites and species; national trails and rights of way; parks and nature reserves; landscape and land management; Countryside Stewardship etc
- Forestry Commission – forestry information and grants
- The Woodland Trust – advice and grants on woodlands:
- Benefits of trees on dairy farms
- How trees benefit farms – Case study video
- Farming Advice Service – Cross compliance advice
- AHDB Dairy research, business and technical information for the dairy sector
- AHDB Beef & Lamb, business and technical information for the livestock sector