If you have any concerns about the Rivers Trust, our staff, members or people working on our projects, please contact us.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
It is widely known that the conservation sector is one of the least diverse professions in the UK and this needs to change.
At The Rivers Trust, our core aim is “Wild, healthy, natural rivers, valued by all” – Addressing and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within our movement is fundamental to achieving our ambition.
We’re committed to embedding EDI deep in the heart of our movement and believe that everyone should have equal access to enjoying and connecting with rivers and nature. To achieve our ambition, we need to make radical changes to the way we work.
We recognise and acknowledge that effective change won’t happen overnight, but we are determined to change and are committed to embedding EDI into every level of our strategy. To get started, we are pulling together a comprehensive action plan, with clear next steps and goals.
Over the next few months, we will be:
- Carrying out a baseline survey within our movement.
- Changing the way we write about and promote our jobs to attract a more diverse range of applicants.
- Setting up a Rivers Trust movement-wide working group to embed best practice within our membership.
- Carrying out a full audit of our photographs, videos, messaging and design.
- Building relationships and working with diverse partners, organisations and networks.
If you would like to support us on our journey, please get in touch.