Supported by Defra, the project will be carried out by the ‘Riverscapes’ Partnership comprising of experts from The Rivers Trust, National Trust, Woodland Trust and Beaver Trust, which will be on hand to provide expert assistance in the selected river catchment areas across England, ensuring there is pipeline of projects for riparian planting in future years.
To create these woodlands, farmers and landowners will be able to get advice and support from local land management advisers to apply for funding through the England Woodland Creation Offer grant, plus a simple carbon trading offer, which provides greater financial incentives for landowners and farmers to plant and manage trees along rivers, watercourses and wider catchments.
- SW Devon/Cornwall - The Tamar and Fowey
- Norfolk Catchments - Bure, Glaven, Stiffkey, Wensum, Heacham, Lark, Gaywood and Wissey
- Wye Catchment - Dore, Dulas and Lugg
- Cumbria Catchments - Derwent and Ullswater catchment areas including Petterill and Eamont sub-catchments
- Severn Catchment - Teme
- NE Devon/Somerset catchments - Torridge and Taw
- National Trust land
Take a look at our Storymap which takes you through the vision and locations of the project.