This €4million project is funded through the EU INTERREG VA France (Channel) England Programme which has committed €2.8million through the European Development Fund. The project will run until March 2023.
The project will develop and test innovative water management approaches in five pilot areas: Broadland Rivers catchment, Bretagne, Hauts-de-France, Cam and Ely Ouse catchment and East Suffolk catchment.
Working across all concerned sectors, WfT will support the development and implementation of new and innovative operational management tools and processes that will enable more responsive short-term management, and better long-term planning and investment, at the local scale.
The project will deliver:
1) innovative environmental data collection and management systems to improve the management of water resources;
2) multi-sector collaboration that supports the uptake and roll out of these systems enabling a transformation in the management of water resources across the FCE area.
Partners involved are:
- The Rivers Trust (lead partner)
- Water Resources East
- Environment Agency
- Bureau des Recherche Géologique et Minière
- Communauté d’Agglomération Béthune Bruay Artois Lys Romane
Take a look at Water For Tomorrow project website