Trustee & Treasurer – Calder Rivers Trust
The success of the Calder Rivers Trust depends on a strong base of dedicated Trustees offering support to the many facets of our work. The Treasurer will support the entire trust, offering support to all areas. You will work closely with the Chair and Secretary to oversee all aspects of financial management and safeguard Calder Rivers Trust finances.
About Calder Rivers Trust
The Calder Rivers Trust is a charity focusing on the health of the River Calder and its tributaries. We are involved in an array of projects, from developing rain gardens in Hebden Bridge to improving fish passage through man-made obstacles. We are a partner for many Yorkshire Wildlife Trust projects and are continually looking to expand our remit.
Handle money with high standards and set a tone of integrity
- Operate accounting software and ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- Establish robust systems and internal checks for all transactions.
Manage filing to regulators and compliance
- Ensure compliance with Company and Charity legislation.
- Ensure any recommendations of the auditors/ independent financial examiner are implemented.
- Ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies such as funders and statutory bodies.
- Ensure that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objectives of the charity.
Prepare timely financial reports
- Present a financial update at each Administration sub group and Board meeting.
- Prepare the annual accounts for submission to Companies House and the Charity Commission in good time and report on them at the Annual General Meeting.
Plan and evaluate with a budget
- Develop a system of budgets and specific proposals for financing them.
- Ensure that budgets are continuously overseen and reviewed at the end of each financial year.
- Advise on reserves and investment policy.
- Advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans.
- Advise on the fundraising strategy of the organisation and develop systems to collect membership/ donation income.
- Develop systems to track volunteer time and its cash value.
- Attend/ chair meetings of the relevant Sub-Committee and the Board of Trustees.
- Sit on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
- Build capacity to employ staff.
- Experience of financial administration, control, budgeting.
- Experience of fundraising and pension schemes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to be contacted on an ad-hoc basis.
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and follow-up.
- An accounting qualification.
The closing date for this role is March 1st 2019, Please contact email@example.com for more information.