Senior Project Manager – The Rivers Trust
The Rivers Trust is seeking an experienced professional to lead the creation and growth of a new national service/project management office that will support the continuous improvement in project development and management, and safe systems of work across the Rivers Trust movement.
The successful candidate should have good experience and a proven, successful track record in running similar H&S and project management functions and supporting their implementation in an agile environment.
The successful candidate will work alongside experienced RT staff and partners to provide high quality, practical and relevant support for Rivers Trusts across the UK and Ireland so that they can deliver significant projects and programmes of work including major construction projects to a very high standard compatible with ISO9001, SMAS, ACHILLIES and similar accreditation schemes. A key part of the role is to maintain and build on the ‘can do’ approach of the Rivers Trust movement. Experience of working in similar environments would therefore be a distinct advantage.
RT is the umbrella body for the Rivers Trust movement, representing over 60 independent Rivers Trusts in England, Wales and the island of Ireland, and is the lead co-ordinator for community-based river catchment management as part of the Catchment Based Approach, which places community involvement at the heart of sustainable catchment management planning. Subsidiarity is a core value within RT and means that we support our members to deliver practical and sustainable solutions to environmental issues.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic, enthusiastic and rapidly growing team and will contribute to building the technical and delivery capacity of the Rivers Trusts movement. You will work closely with the Technical, Operations and Commercial Directors in RT who have a good understanding of how the Rivers Trust movement has developed and the many opportunities for growth in delivery of nature-based solutions.
The Rivers Trust is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within our movement, as this is fundamental to achieving our core aims. Applications from diversity candidates are actively encouraged.
The role includes taking responsibility for:
- Health & Safety systems. This will include H&S leadership across RT and providing practical support across the RT movement. You will be responsible for H&S systems at RT and will operate as the principal contact for H&S issues and support across the movement. Individual trusts are responsible for their own H&S provision.
- Project development and project management systems. This will include creating a centralised repository for knowledge, documentation templates and best practices for project development and management including project pipelines, budgeting, permitting, tendering and project completion and handover.
- Contract management systems. Providing leadership and practical support to all Rivers Trusts so that they can use industry standard contracts such as NEC 3 to procure, control and manage their delivery work.
- Project portfolio management. Introducing ideas and appropriate processes for the effective management of project portfolios.
- You will take responsibility for ensuring RT and its trading arm River Ecosystem Services (RES) have appropriate insurance in place for its programmed activities and provide appropriate support to member Rivers Trusts to embed best practice.
Application Closing Date: Monday 17th May 2021
- Job Application Form.
- Covering letter showing us that you have experience in each of the areas identified as ‘required’. This is the key evidence we will use to screen applicants.
- Equality Monitoring Form.