Senior Catchment Manager – Trent East
Reporting to: The Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Purpose: To manage and develop activity in the specified catchments within the Trent catchment area
This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic thinker to contribute constructively to the future development of our organisation. Applicants will have exceptional project management skills gained in the environmental sector and strong commercial acumen.
We wish to appoint the second of two Senior Catchment Managers covering the Trent East catchments (focusing on the Soar and Lower Trent but to include the Idle and Torne and Derwent) to develop and manage activity within these areas. The Trent West SCM is already in post.
- Represent TRT within the specified catchment area and promote the work of the organisation to stakeholders, funders and policy makers
- Work closely with the CEO and contribute to the development of TRT’s business plan and organisational strategy
- Develop new project ideas and identify possible funding sources which will enable TRT to influence farming practice to improve the water environment
- Lead projects in the catchments and ensure they are delivered on time, within budget and outcomes/outputs are achieved and where possible, exceeded
- Line manage project managers and project officers working on projects within the catchment, providing technical and functional support as required and monitoring performance
- Over time, secure sufficient funding in order to appoint and manage a team of project managers and officers to deliver the activities across the specified catchments as and when secure funding becomes appropriate
- Assist with the mentoring and training of new members of staff and volunteers
- On occasions, the SCM may be required to deputise for the CEO and represent the TRT at relevant meetings and report to the Board of Trustees as required
For a full job description, person specification and terms and conditions, please visit the Trent Rivers Trust website at www.trentriverstrust.org/news/