Corporate Volunteering Officer
The Corporate Volunteering Officer is a key part of the Thames21 team, working on the Thames and in river catchments throughout Greater London with corporate volunteer groups.
We’re looking for someone who loves rivers as much as we do, to work with corporates and help them to better understand what we do and why, in order to increase their levels of support for our work. If you’re an outgoing, motivated, enthusiastic, articulate and commercially aware team member who is not afraid to be fully hands-on, to prospect for business, book, plan, lead and deliver a wide range of corporate volunteering activities on the tidal Thames and its tributaries, we want to hear from you! This post reports to the Fundraising Manager and the postholder will liaise with Thames21 staff; Thames21 Events Support staff and contractors; CSR, volunteering and other personnel in medium-sized and major corporates; and relevant local authorities, Port of London Authority, and others.
• A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject.
• Experience of managing and delivering volunteer activities in outdoor settings.
• A good knowledge of rivers and local environmental quality issues.
• Experience and understanding of corporate structures
• Drive, initiative, and problem-solving skills
• Commercial awareness and excellent administrative and organisational skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Competence with MS Word & Excel and familiarity with a CRM for communication and data analysis.