Catchment Partnership (CaBA) Development Officer’s
Catchment Partnership (CaBA) Development Officers
Salary band: £23,000 to £30,000
Flexible working potential
Full time – 35 hours a week fixed Term Contract although Part Time applicants will also be considered
Thames21 is an environmental charity putting healthy rivers at the heart of community life. Through our environmental improvements, education, research and advocacy efforts we inspire and influence effective and lasting change by working hand-in-hand with communities to deliver tangible and measurable improvements for urban rivers. www.thames21.org.uk | Registered Charity No. 1103997
We are recruiting enthusiastic and committed individuals as river Catchment Partnership Development Officers to help deliver integrated improvements for rivers, wildlife and people across Greater London. These new posts provide an exciting opportunity to develop Thames21’s role as a Rivers Trust to bring together the delivery of the Catchment Based Approach (CaBA) partnerships hosted by Thames21. Building resilience for future generations in our capital city, these new posts will inspire and help to deliver real on-the-ground environmental improvements, working closely with partners across all sectors to meet sustainability goals for green-blue corridors and to benefit local communities.
Applicants should have:
- Relevant academic or professional qualifications in river or other environmental sciences and/or environmental governance is highly desirable
- Experience of Community Engagement and development of stakeholder groups
- Experience of river restoration or other environmental Project Development leading to delivery
- Experience of knowledge exchange and identifying common ground to bring diverse interests together; in a way of working that is catchment wide, cross boundary with multiple organisations.
- Relevant experience of completing funding applications
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and retain up-to-date knowledge of Thames21, its projects and programmes
- Excellent presentation, administrative & organisational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and IT skills
In return we offer:
- 25 days paid annual leave are available plus public holidays. In addition, the Thames21 office is closed between Christmas and New Year.
- Thames21 operate a flexitime system of working
- Interest free season ticket loan or bike loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Mobile phone for company use
- Work Place Pension Scheme
Closing date for completed application forms: Monday 3rd June 2019 mid-day
Interviews will be conducted on: 13th, 14th or 15th June.
Completed applications should be sent to by email to: Michael.Heath@Thames21.org.uk
Or posted to: Michael Heath, Personnel Manager, Thames21, Walbrook Wharf, 78-83 Upper Thames Street, London EC4R 3TD
Job Title: Catchment Partnership Development Officers (Project Officer & Senior Project Officer Level)
Salary: Band £23,000 -£30,000 Full time (part time posts will also be consider)
2 posts – 1 senior and 1 junior
Contract length: 1 year fixed term contract. Renewable funding likely
Location: Thames21 Head Office, Central London and at other Thames21 offices in
London, as required and throughout our Catchment Host areas.
Responsible to: Catchment Partnerships Manager and Improving Rivers Senior Programmes Manager
Purpose of the job
This post is responsible for the strategic development, expansion and implementation of CaBA for the Catchment Partnerships which Thames21 host, including enabling the enhanced delivery of the four priority themes: –
- Community Engagement and development of stakeholder groups
- River and Valley Improvement Project Development leading to delivery
- Fundraising for river and valley improvement projects.
- Sharing information and bring people together; in a way of working that is catchment wide, cross boundary with multiple organisations.
The successful candidate will work across all catchment partnerships which Thames21 host or co-host including the London Lea, Brent, Your Tidal Thames, Ravensbourne, Marsh Dykes, Roding, Beam and Ingerbourne (RBI), Maidenhead to Teddington. Working with partner organisations the successful candidates will develop, fundraise and enable delivery of agreed priority projects and themes in order to deliver a better environment for people and wildlife across all of our catchments. The successful candidates will take a lead on their own river catchments, however it’s important that the team work cohesively and support each other with each person playing to their strengths and supporting the other officers deliver work in the other catchments.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work with Catchment Partners and Thames21 support functions, to identify, scope and develop environmental improvement projects which are realistic and fundable, thereby enabling the implementation of the Catchment Partnership’s Objectives and Catchment Action Plans to meet national environmental objectives.
- Arrange, Host and Coordinate Catchment Partnership meetings to share knowledge, news and project progress between stakeholders, including production of agendas, minutes and actions.
- With support from Catchment Partners and Thames21 support functions, lead on the development of Funding Applications to enable the delivery of projects across Thames21 hosted Catchment Partnership, particularly in priority areas.
- Work with Catchment Partners and Thames21 support functions, to share information between partners and stakeholders to ensure that all interested parties are up to date with the latest information and knowledge of techniques, opportunities and developments in areas relevant to the Partnerships
- Work with Catchment Partners and Thames21 support functions to engage local communities in their river catchment and generate a ground swell of support for and actual delivery of river/floodplain to catchment scale improvements and management of spaces.
- Update Thames21 central record keeping databases such as ThankQ, Mailchip etc in line with GDPR requirements
This job description cannot cover every issue or task that may arise within the post at various times and the post-holder will be expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with those in this document