Covid-19 restrictions have impacted volunteering opportunities across our movement. We will continue to update our supporters, new and old, as restrictions ease.
Do you want to volunteer for an organisation which makes a real difference to our rivers? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
We have over 60 member trusts who regularly run volunteer events across England, Wales, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Our level of coverage means you’re bound to be able to find an event near you.
Our volunteer events are hugely varied, so you can pick and choose which projects you want to get involved with.
- Habitat creation: Planting new trees and creating new wetlands is incredibly rewarding!
- Invasive species removal: ‘Balsalm bashing’ is one of our most popular volunteer events!
- River clean ups: Our bread and butter. Help to alleviate the pressure of plastic pollution!
- Fish barrier removal: Help to restore a river’s natural course by removing artificial barriers
- Water quality testing: Help to assess sources of water pollution and monitor any changes
- …and so much more!
You can do as little or as much as you like; there’s no pressure! There’s always time for breaks, usually including a cup of tea and a biscuit or two.
If you’re interested, head over to our Events Calendar. With any luck, you’ll be able to find a local volunteer event to your tasting! If you can’t see anything that catches your eye, find your local Trust and get in touch with them directly. Sometimes, local Trust events aren’t added to our calendar, so it’s a good idea to ask if there’s anything else available.
We're always in need of an extra pair of hands!
Watch this playlist for a sneak peek at some of the ways you can get involved…
If getting your hands dirty isn’t your thing though, perhaps you would like to help us out with something more administrative, such as PR, photography or social media?
If this is more your bag, then please send us your CV and tell us a little bit about yourself and any areas that you are particularly interested in.
However you decide to get involved, we’d love to hear from you, so don’t forget to tag us along the way!