- 1Donation type
- 2Your details / payment
Give a Present for the Planet all year long!
We’re so grateful for your support in helping us to continue to protect and improve our rivers.
We are so grateful for your support!
Perhaps you might consider becoming a monthly supporter?
Monthly support helps us to plan ahead and proactively seek out action needed to protect and enhance our rivers.
In this day and age, sewage overflows still discharge directly into freshwater. Plastic accumulates in our rivers, while sediments suffocate the flora and fauna which call them home. Artificial barriers blockade the natural flow of rivers, halting the migrating fish. Despite the threat of climate change with its associated droughts and floods, humans continue to abstract unsustainable amounts of water from precious chalk steams and communities will suffer serious flooding as a result of intense rainfall events and land use change. These issues combine to create the perfect storm of river degradation; only 14% of rivers and lakes in England considered to be in good health by the Environment Agency.We want to change that. It's not yet too late; there is still time to reverse the damage rivers have suffered under our hands. We can restore rivers to their former glory and strengthen resilience in the environment. We can build new habitats, ensuring that wildlife has a home for generations to come. We can make our rivers a safer, cleaner place for people to swim, kayak, fish and play. We can boost the invaluable services rivers provide, nurturing ecosystems, strengthening economies and healthy communities. With your donation, we can support local Rivers Trusts to organise vital conservation work. Here’s an idea of the amazing work your donations help to fund:
- River clean-ups, improving our rivers for wildlife and humans alike
- Tree planting, providing new homes for nature and reducing the risk of flooding
- Barrier removal, allowing fish to follow their natural migration patterns
- Conducting research which helps us improve water quality in our rivers
- Education, helping school children to develop a love of nature and rivers
- Collaboration with the government, businesses and landowners to ensure that water is managed more sustainably