Norfolk Rivers Trust is looking for a project officer to help deliver two ambitious river restoration projects through the Government’s Green Recovery Challenge fund. Working closely with partners, landowners and contractors, the selected applicants will help deliver a suite of projects on the rivers Stiffkey and Hun. We are looking for someone with experience of designing and delivering habitat or water-quality improvement projects, who is self-motivated and has a strong interest in ecology. Experience of CDM or ECOW work would be particularly useful.
The successful applicant will help deliver river restoration and wetland creation projects within Norfolk, assisting with the full process from land-owner and partner engagement to ecological survey and project design, to monitoring. You will also represent Norfolk Rivers Trust at regular partnership meetings and community events. We are looking for someone with a passion for rivers and nature, the ability to work closely with partners or independently, and the drive to help us deliver a series of challenging, exciting restoration projects.
- BSc or higher in ecology / environmental science OR five years’ experience of conservation project delivery
- Own transport and driving licence
- Experience in delivering conservation projects
- Good knowledge of river ecology and hydrology
- Experience of practical conservation works
- Ability to communicate and work with a wide range of partners and stakeholders, particularly land-owners and regulatory agencies
- Experience of working with and managing contractors
- Reliable with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Degree in ecology or similar
- Experience of CDM
- Experience of working with protected species
- Knowledge of North Norfolk catchments
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 22nd October 2021.
Interview date 1st November
- Organisation: Norfolk Rivers Trust
- Salary: £24,500 - £26,000 pa
- Location: Norfolk