Location: Office is based in Llangollen, North Wales but working in West Cheshire. Flexible working options are available.
Salary: £22- 28,000 p.a. subject to experience.
Pension: Option of the Rivers Trust pension scheme; Employees contribution of 4% and employers contribution of 9%.
Holidays: 25 Days + Bank Holidays.
Contract: Full time (37.5 hours per week). Fixed-term contract until March 2023.
Reports To: CEO
About Welsh Dee Trust:
A member of the wider Rivers Trust movement; The Welsh Dee Trust is a small independent charity working to restore the brooks, streams and rivers of the River Dee catchment for both wildlife and people. In 2020 the Welsh Dee Trust is embarking upon an exciting period of growth and has identified five clear programmes of work to pursue. This is a new position working on our Water Wise Farming programme. This programme aims to work with the agricultural industry to reduce the loss of pollutants into watercourses.
The Project Officer will provide confidential advice and support to help farmers identify solutions to agricultural pollution. This will be undertaken by one to one visits to farms in the project region and events to promote peer to peer learning. The Project Officer will then work with landowners to identify potential sources of water pollution and work with the farms to find changes in practice or capital projects which will eliminate the source. This post is funded as part of the Dee Blue Recovery project and will be working in West Cheshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with farmers in the project region to identify sources and solutions for water pollution.
- Undertake on-farm soil and water assessments.
- Provide confidential advice to landowners on the regulations concerning freshwater pollution.
- Organise and run events focused on peer to peer learning within target regions.
Knowledge and Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of agriculture and agricultural practices.
- Ability to coordinate multiple workstreams.
- Ability to use Windows/Microsoft Office.
- Full driving licence and your own vehicle.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation relating to farming and the water environment.
- Experience in managing contractors.
- FACTS and BASIS trained
Closing Date: 7th December 2021.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
- Organisation: Welsh Dee Rivers Trust
- Salary: 22-28,000pa
- Location: Office is based in Llangollen, but work will take place in West Cheshire.in
- Closing date: 7 December 2021