The Rivers Trust Autumn Conference – Building flood resilient communities.
Join us for next Rivers Trust Autumn Conference, a free event which will explore the delivery of Natural Flood Management and SuDS solutions to help build flood resilient communities and support catchment partnerships to implement natural flood risk management projects.
The conference will be held on Thursday 9th November at The Priest House Hotel in Castle Donington and is supported by the Catchment Based Approach and the INTERREG FRAMES (Flood Resilient Areas by Multi-layEr Safety) project.
A detailed agenda will follow and will include:
– An overview of FRAMES and the concept of the multi-layer safety approach to flood risk
– Examples of SuDS and current NFM projects
– Support to catchment partnerships
– Challenges of bringing together catchment partnerships and flood action groups with evidence from the Cumbria Flood Partnerships.
Plus, the chance to participate in a series of interactive workshops throughout the day on the following topics:
– Evidence and evaluation for NFM
– Engagement tools for community outreach including:
- The Rivers Trust ESRI Storymaps
- Emriver EM1 river simulator
- FRAMES Augmented Reality Sandbox
- Eden Rivers Trust Marble run
- Yorkshire Dales Rivers Trust SuDS model
- Tweed Foundation NFM catchment model
– Implementing NFM schemes
– Bringing together communities for resilient areas
As part of the conference, there will be a pre-conference dinner held on Wednesday 8th November which will start at 7.30pm at a cost of £45 each. Booking is essential, please click here to book through Eventbrite.
On Friday 10th November you are also welcome to join us on a site visit to see Natural Flood Risk Management features already implemented by Trent Rivers Trust. There are limited spaces available and booking is essential if you wish to participate.
For accommodation, we suggest booking at The Priest House Hotel, or the Radisson. Please contact The Priest House Hotel for preferential rates on 01332 810649.