Rivers Trust 2017 Fisheries Conference – Call for papers
The Rivers Trust 2017 Fisheries Conference is a two-day event and will be held at WWF’s Living Planet Centre in Woking, Surrey, from 12.30pm Thursday 20th July to 2pm Friday 21st July.
The Conference aims to provide a forum for discussion and networking for local Rivers Trust staff working in all aspects of fisheries management and fisheries science. It is a chance to showcase investigations, projects and partnership working throughout the aquatic environment.
There will be two days of talks and presentations. Lunch will be provided on the second day and there will be a chance to convene in one of Woking’s local hostelries in the evening to carry out some serious networking!
This is a call for papers. We would welcome oral presentations (Powerpoint supported) from people engaged in any aspects of work centred around fisheries management and fisheries science.
General themes for conference presentations include:
- River (and Stillwater) fishery management
- Transitional and coastal fisheries management
- Angling based projects or schemes
- Fisheries partnerships, collaboration and citizen science
- Fisheries management within the Catchment Based Approach
- Fisheries monitoring
- Fisheries science and research projects
All abstracts for presentations should include the following:
- Title of the paper
- Author’s full names with presenter’s name highlighted
- Organisation represented
- E-mail address of the presenting author
- 100 – 200 word abstract on the paper’s content
All submissions should be sent to Tom Sherwood (firstname.lastname@example.org). Enquiries may be made to the same e-mail address. We will review all submissions and will aim to ensure a good balance of topic and geographic areas.
Closing date for submissions – 31st May 2017